Wynn's Hotelopened its doors in 1845 as a commercial boarding house under the ownership of Ms. Phoebe Wynn. Unfortunately, little is known of Phoebe Wynn except that her ownership lasted seven years. The Hotel's name changed to Telfordâs during a successive ownership but in 1897 the name reverted to Wynn's when it was acquired by the Clarence Hotel Co. Ltd.On the 11th of November 1913 at a meeting held in the hotel, a decision was taken to establish 'The Irish Volunteers'. During the 1916 Rising a street barricade, which had been erected outside, Wynn's was set on fire by incendiary bullets. The fire spread from the barricade to the timber facings of the hotel and when guest and staff lives were threatened, they left the hotel under the protection of a makeshift white flag. As Dublin was under siege, fire fighters were unable to save the hotel and Wynn's was burned to the ground.Wynn's Hotel was rebuilt in 1926 and continued in the ownership of the Clarence Hotel Company for whom John Loftus had been Manager of the Clarence Hotel from 1965 and Managing Director of the company since 1973. Finally, in 1992 Wynn's was purchased outright by John & Connie Loftus, whose aim it is to continue the tradition of hospitality and service, which began in 1845.Wynn's Hotel has been a well-known Dublin landmark for over 150 years. During this time it has provided luxury accommodation to countless numbers of people including many famous personalities and dignitaries.Today Wynn's is a family run concern and they are keen to preserve the emphasis on personal attention and friendly service that has long been the hallmark of the establishment. With its traditional bars and lounges, superbly prepared food, delightful bedrooms and its downtown location close to fashionable shopping areas, theatres, cinemas and places of interest Wynn's Hotel is your ideal address when visiting Dublin.